By: Trent Carlson
Hello! My name is Trent Carlson, and I am here to teach you how to use Google Slides to make an awesome presentation! So let’s not waste any time!
To start, you need to create one! Simply select “New” and select “Google Slides”.
From there, you will be greeted with this screen:
There are A LOT of options going on here, but all of these can help you make a great presentation! Let’s do a quick rundown on all of the buttons:
I know, there’s a lot going on here, but I’ll keep it as short as I can.
- Add Slide: Add as many slides as you need!
- Print: When you have a final product, you can print it (if you want to).
- Undo/Redo: Did something you didn’t want to? Click the arrow on the left. Realized you wanted to keep it? Press the arrow on the right.
- Zoom: Fit the slide to your screen, or zoom in closer to it.
- “Inserts”: Insert text boxes, images, shapes, and lines to your heart’s content!
- Add Comment: Keep notes that do not go onto the final presentation, and will be displayed on the side. If there is more than one account working on the presentation, every account will be able to see them.
- Background: If you don’t want a theme, you can simply change the background color or set a background image of your choice!
- Layout: Change the arrangement of text boxes on the screen (based on set formats).
- Transition: Add transition effects between slides!
- Themes: When you first make a presentation, the theme menu will be on the right side, and you can select a theme of your choice.
- Share: Want to make the presentation with friends? The share button is the place to go, all you need to do is enter your friend’s’ school email and share it!
Here’s an example of a slide:
There are plenty of other things you can do to make it great, you just need to explore all of the menus across the top. So take some time, and make it great!