The Green Screen is a very easy and fun way to make your videos more fun and creative in school. Our media center has a Green Screen room that can be used during the school day. Media center had iPads and tripods available for checkout as well. In this blog I will show the easy steps on how to import videos from the Green Screen into iMovie.
- Record video footage with green screen.
Make sure the green screen is evenly lit and that you are not wearing any green clothing!
- Make sure Advanced Tools are turned on.
- Open the project you want to add the green-screen or blue-screen effect to.
- Select video (a frame range or an entire clip) that you recorded in front of the green or blue backdrop.
- Drag the selection directly over a clip in your project.
It can be video, a solid-color clip, or an animated background clip—and release the mouse button when you see a green Add (+) symbol.
- In the drop down button that appears, choose Green Screen or Blue Screen.
- The green-screen or blue-screen clip appears above the video clip in your project, as shown below.
- You can drag it to a different spot within the clip, or to a different clip, to reposition it. You can also drag the ends to lengthen or shorten it. To drag an end, move the pointer over it until the pointer changes to a resize pointer, and then drag.
- And ta-da! You have used the green-screen within iMovie.
If you need more help on the basic tips and tricks to navigate iMovie, you can follow this link https://sabertechsquad.com/2016/11/21/imovie-tips-and-tricks/ which will teach you more about the basics of iMovie!